Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Kiss



This is the second entry into an open exhibition on the theme of A Book About Death. The success of this first exhibition has spun off with an exhibition in Brazil and another one in Wales. It is this one that I have send my second submission.

I have decided to keep the same format off the black edged front and the white border reverse. I had been thinking that I might change the stamp on the reverse, but decided against it. One of the reasons is that the stamp might come from the same place or from the person who might or might not be death.

Again the image is from my Highgate Heads suite. The theme is of lovers in the wood and how trees can look like figures amongst the vegetation. The colour is slightly more muted and was down to a light use of washes as well as not wanting to 'overload too much' vivid colours into the image. The use of slightly lighter marking with pen to make a more delicate picture.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Philip,

    My name is LuAnn Palazzo and I am co-curating a new ABAD show called "Ray Johnson and a Book About Death" in Brookville, Long Island, NY. The show opens on November 1, 2010 and will feature for the first time a copy of Ray Johnson's original "A Book About Death." (Please see http://rayjohnsonandabookaboutdeath.blogspot.com)

    I am working to complete our collection of cards from the original show in NYC last year, so that we may show the entire set. We are, however, missing your contribution. I would be most grateful if you could send me 2 copies of your card FROM THE ORIGINAL ABAD SHOW if you still have any left. Please mail them to:

    LuAnn Palazzo
    80 Yale Street
    Islip Manor, NY 1751

    Also, if you haven't already created a new piece of art for our show, please consider this a personal invitation to do so. All the information for the artists' call is on the website: http://rayjohnsonandabookaboutdeath.blogspot.com. We would love to have your participation.

    Thank you!
    LuAnn Palazzo

    ReplyDelete