Tuesday, September 14, 2010

St David's Head


This photograph has been taken from Whitesands Bay, just below St David's head. It has been a place I have always come to, when visiting Pembrokeshire, whether researching Sutherland or a family holiday. I have always had it in my mind that that there is a picture here and have tried composite images to create the idea and picture, which looked OK and felt OK, but......

So I was some what amazed that this time, I quickly produced three sketches of the hill. First, a traditional - more interest in the composition of the picture, then a differing colouring, secondly, more an emotional response to the land. Thirdly, a sharper image in a large sketch book as I keep on being told not to draw across two pages, but A5 sketchbooks are easy to carry. On all of the images, I decided to leave out the sky colour as the white background left the image feeling more open.






No comments:

Post a Comment