Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Singing Line


The view from Box Hill looking down toward Dorking. These are meant to be for series of big block print on a large size. I have been thinking A0 (840 x 1,188mm). So using my large brush pen and changing tack from just wanting to use only colour and no black.
 The view from Box Hill towards Denbies Vineyard with Ranmore church and common on the hill top.
This is another view that used a portrait and wanted to exaggerate the central shape. The idea being have the centre part folding in on itself.

One of the changes to I did was to listening to music, whilst I was at work. I usually do when in my studio, but I decided on trying it out and started with the album, Lungs by Florence and the Machine. It was the track the Drumming Song that grab my mind and led to the next series of sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment