Saturday, January 17, 2009

Book of Day Continued......


This is from the 10th January after the snow and frost have gone. Unfortuantely, I did not get any images with the snow or frost, there is a little on the ground. I was trying to get a half way shot of the snow and the earth speckling each other.


This image is from today, 17th January. Again, we have heavy rain this morning and I had thought that I might get a pool from the let over rain. Some of the leaves have moved either blown down or slivered over in the wet. The leaves create a dilemmas as the place I have chosen is in the sheltered position and it is likely that the book will gradually bury it self under a blanket of leaves.

Do I remove them or should I leave them?

My instinct is to leave them there; then wait and see what happens. How much should I intervene? Again when you draw, which parts should you take out or put in. It took me a while to realise that the pictures or sketches in the past. Where not necessary a true of a certain point of view or that the artist had altered them to give the image, a dramatic feeling.

This leaves open the question of how realistic pictures should be.

3 comments:

  1. Don't let reality get in the way of a good picture - use your artist's eye and make adjustments to the subject matter until you see what works.
    Probably crap advice, but that's what I would do!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the ground rules I started with of just leaving the book out in all weathers and taking a photo a day. Not interfering with what would happen to the book.

    Worried that nothing would happen, then that leaves would obscure the book for the rest of the year. Little did I know what I find next.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think your process is working wonderfully well... bravo, lets see lots more... i se a book in the wings :)

    m.

    ReplyDelete