Friday, January 16, 2009

Tertal - Tangled Heart - Part 1

Sometimes, when I sit and start work, the lines flow. I have scoured the Bare Bones (post to follow) and I need to go on. This is the second image from the series and for some reason, my eye is draw to the small black mass that looks like a comet. At first, the curvy right angled court my attention. Yet as I drew, this small round spot snared me.

The branches of the bush, look like separate part, but tangled as a whole. One of the other elements is the very strong horizontals and the two halves of green between the brown-red threaded with tangled lines. Who is trapped in this tangled weave? Two words combined to suggest a phrase. Do we have the start of something . Bare Bones, Tangled Heart.

Some how I worry that I have used this phrase, Tangled Heart, before and am I repeat myself. This worries me that I get stuck in a groove and can not jump tracks. Yet, sports people are striving to reproduce the same feat again and again. Maybe better, if it can be achieved. Do artists strive to repeat the same picture again and again? Or is it some new within the same element like a child's prism with the shift in kaleidoscopic changes that may look like repetition, yet to their maker there is something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment