Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tertal - Bare Bones Part 3

This is the last stage of the first piece. In a way, it looks like a typical piece of my work and this is perhaps what disappoints me the most. The leaf of the book has been lost in the overall tangle of the trees' branches. Yet, you can not see the textural qualities of the as I drew and drew on the picture, the paper broke down. I had to glue a second piece of paper to the back of the first to give it some support.

This allowed me to continue working on the picture. Again the medium ground of the red soil has been taken back by working on the areas. Firstly in pencil, then with water to merge the soluble pencils into a 'solid' background. Again using an eraser to cut into this area, using the water to scourge back the colour and give it the harsh feeling of soil cut open.

As I look on it, I feel it should go on, but then not. I think, I would prefer to put it away and start again. Sky looks OK, but not brilliant, could do with some further work here, but what of the lost leaf, that I was trying to emphasise in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment