Thursday, September 10, 2009

At last!


This blog was titled after the idea of two split ideas 'mashed' (if that is now a technical term) together to create some thing else. This is my first attempt to use a paint software programme that I was given with my pen and tablet. One of my desires to use a pen rather than a mouse as it would give me a better control over the mark-making.

So the image above marks the beginning of trying the theory out. I found that I had to lay a ground and decided on a reddy-brown and then add green on top to signify the woods. Trying to keep the colour simple and not too sophiscated. I found that the pen on the tablet did give me pressure control. As I originally intended to keep a certain consistency of dots, but finding that the dots could change with pressure. It gradually changed to a wide selection of marks.

It is a gradually changing my mind how to use this new process. I like the idea of being able to use a short cut to put down a lot of consistent colour as it in the background and using a single pen to replicate a range of differing media.

No comments:

Post a Comment