Saturday, September 12, 2009

Learning Lessons

I have finally managed to re-work by artwork for the exhibition A Book About Death. I arranged for it to be printed in the States and then shipped to New York via Web-to-print. My first experience of attempting, so lets hope it is not famous last words and I am late, but at the moment finding a job is more important in my life.

I found that I had to revise the size and originally I had intended to do 4.25 x 6" postcard as this was close to a A6 size, but I had to download a template in PDF format. Export my InDesign as a PDF and then insert into the PDF file. I always found it difficult to follow the help in the software, so took my friend's advice and 'google' for the answer. This worked and I was able to re-work the image.

Unfortunately, I had to change it several times as the file was not quite right for either web for print site. So some of the learning I have done at College, I was able to use and look to develop this further. So I learnt a lot and now need to speed up on my processing of artwork for print.

It was reported recently that to become an expert requires 10,000 hours. So it is a small step, but I do have a bit of a start being involved in the graphic and printing industry, even if it is on the admin side. Even though you become an expert, you still must keep on learning, although I am wondering how I could have speed up my current learning process up.

Now to do my website.

Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment