Sunday, September 27, 2009

Eggs

These are some photos that I took in the last few weeks and I know that there are pictures are waiting to come out. This is one of Box Hill and although, I have a landscape photo in roughly the same area. A portrait format seems right, but I can see how the elements are split up with sky, hill, then the tree branches in a circular spin and finally we have a light element with a deeper green shadow stretching out from the foreground.


Marlow church, which I had been asked about doing a picture for some one. However, I did not have the time to do one of my rotring pens and I felt that I need to some prep work with a sketch. The bridge across the Thames is a suspension design, very much like the Brunel one in Bristol that I would cycle across. I can see how the church will make a good image to draw and will be a 'realistic' picture. So this image (below) is intriguing for the layout with the reflecting image on the water and as a future reference.


Below is the photo of Box Hill, this was the starting point of the sketch and then the digital art work that became the first piece for Surrey Dreamtime. I did truncate the landscape to include more of the left hand side of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment